Learn How Nail Techs Perform a Manicure
In most beauty salons and spas the process of getting a manicure stays the same. Depending on what type of manicure is chosen depends on the process that will be followed.
The first step when administering a manicure is to remove any traces of previous nail polish. This is done by polish remover and a cotton ball or other substance that is able to hold the liquid and stays durable enough to not fall apart on the nail. In most nail polish removers the organic compound, Acetone is used. Acetone is extremely flammable and the polish remover should be kept in a place where there is a low chance of a spark or fire. If the nail polish is stubborn and won't come off the nail, don't worry, nail polish remover can be reapplied as much as needed until the old polish has disappeared.
Once your nails are polish free a nail file is used to shorten, shape, and smooth the rough edges of the nail. Nail files come in all different colors, types of material, and different levels of strength. An emery board is a nail file that is less abrasive than others which takes the nail longer to file and shape but is very good for slight touch ups or fixes. Emery boards are also disposable after use unlike metal nail files; metal nail files can come as very abrasive and are great for intense filing and shaping. Glass files are also available but a little harder to find in stores; they are good for shaping and fixing the edges of nails due to the fact they...
How to Perform a French Manicure
Tools Needed: Nail Clipper, Nail File, Cuticle Pusher, Cuticle Nippers or Cutter, Soak Bowl, Towel, Base Coat, Polish, Top Coat
1. Make sure nails are free of all polish.
2. Cut and shape nails as desired with nail clippers and file.
3. Soak fingertips in mild soapy warm water for 7-10 min.
4. Use your cuticle pusher to gently remove cuticle from the nail bed going away from the tips of nails toward your wrist.
5. Rinse and dry your hands.
6. Cut any loose skin or cuticle with cuticle nippers or cutter.
7. File tips of nails softly with fine file side to make them smooth.
8. Polish nails with one base coat, two coats of color, and one topcoat with 1 min. drying time between each coat. You are finished and your nails look beautiful.
» Click here to view more At Home Manicures & Pedicures Article...